Advancement to Fellow of SHEA Application Process
This category of membership honors individuals who have achieved special recognition in the field of healthcare epidemiology and can be reached through academic or clinical tracks. To be considered, applicants should have 7 or more years of continuous experience as SHEA members.
Criteria for Fellowship on the Academic Track:
- 5 first-authored or at least 10 non-first authored publications in peer-reviewed journals with a majority related to healthcare epidemiology (including antimicrobial stewardship)
- Medical school appointment at the level of associate professor or above, or documented excellence in the field of healthcare epidemiology (e.g. clinician, researcher, public health, government services, or teacher)
- Service and commitment to SHEA (e.g. participation on the SHEA Board, committees, task forces, working groups, SHEA Research Network , regular attendance at SHEA meetings)
Criteria for Fellowship on the Clinical Track:
- Documented productivity through publication, service or presentations at local, national, or international meetings on topics related to healthcare epidemiology
- Documented excellence as a teacher and/or clinician in healthcare epidemiology
- Service and commitment to SHEA (participation on the SHEA Board, committees, task forces, working groups , SHEA Research Network and/or regular attendance at SHEA meetings)
How to Apply
In order for the application to be considered, each candidate must:
- Complete the SHEA Fellow Advancement Application (PDF).
- Submit an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the application.
- Submit letters of support from two SHEA members. The recommendations should provide applicant's credentials and document in detail how the candidate meets the criteria for advancement to Fellow of SHEA. Recommendations should be sent directly to SHEA by the member writing the recommendation.
The application along with other required documents (detailed below) may be mailed or faxed to:
SHEA Member Services
ATTN: Fellow Advancement
1300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22209
fax: (703) 684-1009
Assessment and Approval of Applications
Applications are reviewed for approval by the SHEA Board of Trustees on a rolling basis. Disposition letters will be mailed to each applicant after the Board of Directors meets.
For questions or other assistance with your application, please email email@example.com or call (703) 684-1008.